Thursday, January 27, 2011

It has been a While. . . .

Well since August of last year, Paul and I are officially moved into our new home in San Antonio, Texas.  Paul's company has continued to grow and built a new office in San Antonio.  What a wonderful challenge, considering the day before we found out we were moving, I was hired on full time with Catholic Charities.  I was excited, yet disappointed to leave my first "real" job behind.  I was also sad to leave Paul and I's first home together. The hardest part about leaving was the friendships that I had made in the 8 months that I had lived there.  Rebecca and Jason our neighbors were truly a God sent.  Paul and I spent our first Easter with them and their family.  Their children were like my younger brothers and sisters (that I never had).

Also, I had met another friend, Brandy.  Her and I made a friendship so fast. We took way too many trips to Hobby Lobby, Good Wills, and up to her successful shop, Checkered Duck.  I was a part of their family as well.  Her children made me laugh and smile and I miss them so much, along with the Chamberliss family.  God put us together at such a perfect time.  I have yet to make another friend like her since out of High School.  So life in Corpus Christi, I grew to love.  I was surrounded by two of my closest friends, oh and Dairy Queen. Yikes! Looking back, I wish I would have embraced Calallen when I had first moved there. I miss using my one street, no traffic, and simple lifestyle there.

I also miss St. Peter's.  This is a true example of faith and trusting in God.  The first day I walked in, I was in tears because of feeling homesick. I sat and listened to the first reading, and it was from Paul and I     's reading from our wedding.  It brought me to even more tears. Way beyond that example, the people at that church, were the most supportive and loving people.  They taught me to always turn to God and the joys of receiving communion everyday of the week.

Whew.  I am trying to put all my feelings down, so I can look back and enjoy reading about my first home away from home.  Now in San Antonio, we have also made some friends.  I am working at Anthropologie, a store that I believe sums up who I am (colorful, indecisive, creative).  I feel at home there and continue to look for social work jobs.

I am also trying to continue Cute Chic and Unique and learning to sew.  It has been such an eventful for year for Paul and I, and my family. For now, thats all I will write (which is a little too much).  I will try to continue writing on here and maybe get some pictures posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment